Thursday, October 8, 2020

 Ft. Collins, Co September 2020

I feel the need to post something for 2020 even though we haven't been able to travel much including overseas because of the Covid-19 virus.  We did drive to Colorado to visit Julia and Ryan.  Here is the bird picture  I got while hiking around Arapaho Bend Natural Area. 


This is an American White Pelican. 
The American white pelican is a large aquatic soaring bird from the order Pelecaniformes. It breeds in interior North America, moving south and to the coasts, as far as Central America and South America, in winter.  At first I couldn't believe this was a pelican because I was expecting a big pouch extending , from its bill.  The trip was so relaxing.  It's the first time I had been away from home since taking care of my parents.  We played Bean Bag Toss and Crochet, as well as board and card games, and watched some movies. Julia is such a good hostess making sure we always have something to do.  Kenny helped her make bread and Ken went on walks with her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment