Monday, March 21, 2011

sun, sun, sun





I returned from J,R,&and A's this past week.  I can't even go there without having flight issues.  Geeze!!!  Oh well, the beautiful blue skies made up for it.  It was absolutely perfect weather and I soaked up as much vitamin D as I could.  It's a good thing too, because all it has done here since I returned is RAIN.  It feels strange to have a sunburn while it is pouring water from the sky.  
I miss my daughter already.  I had such a good time.  I learned all kinds of card games which I haven't played since returning.   We even squeezed in a game of Scrabble which I did get to play the other day with G.  We hiked the mountains in the area every morning taking A for a walk, and up to the shrine.  I learned how to tye-dye and brought back some wonderful specimens.  I watched J make mayonaise, R make sprouts, and helped make peanut butter.  The best part was meeting their friends.  It is a funky little town filled with wonderful people.  Meeting R's mom was great!  We both like the Beatles and concerts.  We had fun and isn't that what vacations are all about?


3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time!
    xoxo,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. J has always liked card games! I remember she taught us how to play "Bean Sprouts," (also known to others as B.S.). We still call it Bean Sprouts around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patma, Thanks for coming! We really had a lot of fun, and never even got to many of the things we planned to do--popcorn for our personal movie theatre and A Hard's Night didn't even happen! What a pity, really. It would have been so good on the big screen. I miss you; can't wait to see you in June!

    ReplyDelete